Layers

~*~

The weather here varies wildly. This is the wild west, after all. It’s barely in the 50s when we get up and head to school, but near 80 by the time the day is said and done. ┬áSometimes cool, sometimes hot, almost always sunny.

Layers.

~*~

Claire is such a good sleeper that waking up can be a challenge. Just turning on her light won’t even make her eyes flutter. Don’t mess with her blankets; that makes her really mad. Tickling her head, on the other hand, makes her wake up giggling.

Layers.

~*~

I’ve often joked that parenting is 92% trying not to laugh. At least half of the other 8% is trying to figure out if we’re really arguing about the seemingly obvious, or if there is an underlying reason. There is almost always an underlying reason. Finding out what that is fixes so many things on so many different levels.

Layers.

~*~

Claire is at the age where she craves attention and direction and boundaries and positive reinforcement and independence and the chance to fail so that she can figure out how to problem solve, move on, adapt, and grow.

Layers.

0 Response to “Layers”


Comments are currently closed.