I did it! All 30 Days of NaBloPoMo are done!
Now that December is here, and I’ve feverishly written for the last thirty days, I may be taking a break. Or not. I guess you’ll just have to see what happens. Every time I say I’ll take a break, I get more blog fodder dumped on me than I know how to sort.
It’s kinda like laundry. . .but not really.
Like any good perfectionist, I’d like to give you a handy list of all my confessions. So…here they are!
- How this project began: The thought of breaking the “NaBloPoMo” chain makes me sick.
- I remember very vividly the day I thought I’d gone crazy, and I remember being totally okay with that.
- I’m the Grammar Snob about whom your mother warned, and even I sing the “I before E” song in my head.
- I will spend more time avoiding little projects I hate, than it would actually take to get them done.
- I tried to learn how to be patient, but it took way too long, so I gave that up. Now, I just pretend.
- There isn’t a word to describe how much I love puzzles.
- While cleaning, I’ll bend over, pick a small piece of trash up off the floor, and if it’s small enough, I’ll drop it in the path of the vacuum.
- I love to be spontaneous. In fact, I always try to leave time in the schedule for lots of impromptu things.
- If I complete something that wasn’t on my To Do List, it takes every ounce of my being not to write it on there anyway, just so I can cross it off.
- I love taking things literally, sometimes too literally, but I never take things to Literally. I mean, I’ve never been to Literally, so how could I take things there?
- I named my BlackBerry, and I refer to her as a she.
- I have my Holiday Letter done, and they’ll be ready to mail by the December 1st deadline.
- I love numbers.
- I’m not bossy; you’re just not very good at taking direction. Okay, maybe I’m a little bossy.
- Nine years ago today we eloped. Kinda.
- I have a super power, but it’s only effective in the winter.
- I don’t like holiday decorations.
- I used to be a wizard, and I had a dragon as a pet.
- My daughter told everyone I had a boyfriend named David. Our imaginary relationship lasted for over a year, and I missed him when he left me.
- Sometimes I’m the one who wants chicken nuggets for lunch.
- I never really worry about something dreadful happening to my daughter’s stuffed-lovey, because we have an exact replica hidden in a secret location, and they trade places often.
- I have created an effective Queue Management system that creates less stress while providing more drama, and when we’re talking about movies, more drama and less stress is always a good thing.
- If you don’t show up when you said you would, I’ll assume you’re dead in a ditch somewhere.
- Some people are “Glass Half-Empty” kinda people. Some people are “Glass Half-Full” kinda people. I’m more of a “Please Don’t Put the Glass Too Close to the Edge of the Table” kinda person.
- I’m a scientist at heart.
- I wanted to skip a post today, since it’s Thanksgiving, and just do a “Happy Thanksgiving! This totally counts as a post today” post. But I can’t bring myself to do it. (In other words, if I say I’ll do something, I’ll do it.)
- I am a Night Owl. In a perfect world, I’d get up at the crack of Noon.
- I’m a time traveler.
- I have a really cool process that combines a fun photo of the party with a Thank You Card. It works like a charm!
- I love milestones.
So, now what? I have big plans for this little list. It’s helping me jumpstart a project I’ve had brewing for a while. So, stay tuned!